Idli’s are a staple food of South Indian.. but in my home i will make Idli only if i had guest here.. Yes The Most Hated Platter of Joe, but me & Jess this is the best comfort food..
When i was in my first Trimester of Jess first food i crave much to have was Idli, He too run on that day to get a plate of Idli, finally i got a bowl of mini idli which is dunked with sambar and ghee from A2B.
But in that time i don’t like the ghee flavour and without way i had it.. and then once i was talking about this Experience to my MIL, she Bought me this lovely Mini Idli plate.. was super surprised to see the cute Idli’s which i made in home.. and i normally use less Ghee, here this special bowl of mini idli for Jess, So Generously i add ghee. He relished this much.. When i make Idli in home That will be one me and Jess had breakfast, Lunch and dinner that much madly love with this South indian menu.. Okay here you with the Recipe..
Mini Idli & Sambar
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Breakfast
Prep Time: 12 hrs | Cook time: 45 mins | Serves: 2
Ingredients For Idli
||as needed for batter
Ingredients For Sambar
||a hand ful
|Mixed Vegetables(Carrot, Beans, Chow Chow, Brinjal)
||2 tsp for serving
1. Wash Idli Rice and soak, Wash Urad dhal & Methi seeds and soak, Soak every thing for 3-4 hours, first grind the Urad dhal to a thick batter and again grind the Rice to a smooth paste, Mix both the Urad dhal batter and Rice batter, Add Salt and mix them well with your hands.. Let them raise, keep in a warm place of r6 hours to 8 hours, You will the batter raised well, here is my raised batter..
2. Grease the Idli Plates, Scoop the batter without mixing the batter..
3. Fill the idli plates with batter..
4. Set them in the stand..
5. Steam the plates for 7-8 mins o till the Idli’s are done, check them by poke the idli with a Tooth pic or spoon.
6. Now its time to make Sambar.. Take Toor Dhal, Pearl Onion, Garlic in a pressure cooker, Boil this for 2-3 whistles with water, hing and salt..
7. Mash them well and set aside..
8. Take the Vegetable in the pan with Water and salt..
9. Boil them well and add Tomato and cook them well..
10. Add sambar powder,
Turmeric powder, hing to the pan, mix and cook well till the raw smell of masala goes away..
11. Add tamarind paste/Tamarind water to the pan and boil well..
12. Add the Mashed Dhal mix and allow this to cook well..
13. Add the Coriander leaves and close the pan..
14. Heat a Pan with oil, Temper with mustard, Methi seeds, Red Chillie , Curry Leaves and add it to the Sambar..
- You can prepare Sambar to your usual preparation..
- Idli batter also you can prepare it to the normal idli batter.. but only thing you need a mini idli plate to make the Idli
- Use Ghee For serving.