Pepper Cashew, Learnt this quick easy recipe in our vacation trip from my relative.. this pepper cashew are highly expensive in store and not assure of the date they packed.. when i saw this in her home, surprisingly she told me the cashews are home made..
Earlier i thought these cashew are fried in oil, but she used ghee for the unique rich flavour.. this is high calorie crap, and high cholesterol too, can be consumed one or two bits in tea time.. best for festive time preparation, also this will be quick and easy rich kara dish to surprise your guest..
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Snack
Prep Time: 5 mins| Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 4
|Whole Cashew nuts
Take the Ghee in a pan..
Heat them to melt the ghee
Add in the Cashew nuts..
Put the flame to low.. And don’t go away.. stir continuously to spread the heat even on all sides of nuts..
Once they all fried evenly, drain the cashew nuts from ghee and transfer to a bowl..
Add in the Pepper powder( i used fresh grounded home made pepper powder, so my recipe had a fresh flavour on it)
Add in salt..
Shuffle the box, or mix the nuts with a spoon.. Store them in airtight container once thy turn room temperature..
- This is a very quick recipe which can be done with in 10 mins, so don’t move while the cashews are frying, need to stir continuously..
- Once you see the color change immediately drain out the cashews..
- The ghee should sink the cashews, that’s the really measurement.. if you are planning to make in large quantity, then divide the cashews into batches and proceed..
- Freshly grounded pepper will be taste much better than the store bought pepper powder…
- You can alter pepper with chilli powder for chillie cashew..
- Ghee used for this recipe will be consumed to prepare halwa, biryani or any other use, you have to store the leftover separately..
(Visited 103 times, 1 visits today)