Nattu Kozhi Pepper Roast, with step by step picture instruction. This is a country style side dish which hits the taste bud with the hotness of pepper. Nattu Kozhi pepper roast is a Spicy recipe with rich taste of red onion, freshly grounded ginger garlic paste, and pepper powder.
Country style recipes will have a healthy combination of spices, which enhance the digestion. This recipe is too good with fresh flavours. This peppery Roasted chicken goes well with hot steamed rice, roti, Idli, Dosa. When ever i prepare this roast, the whole bowl will vanish without any left. Such an yummy semi dry dish. Country chicken taste is totally differs from normal chicken and more healthy than normal chicken. Scroll down for complete recipe.
Step by Step picture instruction
Heat a pan with Gingelly oil, temper with some Jeera and fennel seeds, wait until they pop-out
Add a handful of curry leaves to the pan.
Add in the chopped pearl onion(chinna vengayam)
Followed by two three pods of garlic
Add in the dried red chill and ginger Garlic paste
Once the ginger garlic paste fried well, add the pressure cooked Nattu Kozhi(country chicken) to the pan. Add Coriander Powder, Red chilli powder and turmeric powder
Allow the masala to incorporate well with the chicken, add in the Garam masala and cook the chicken till the water dries up.
Add Generous amount of pepper powder to the chicken, give a quick mix and remove them from flame, add chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
“Nattu Kozhi Pepper roast”
- Nattu Kozhi/Country Chicken- 50 gms
- Gingelly oil- 3-4 tsp
- Jeera- 1/2 tsp
- Fennel Seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves- 2 springs
- Dried red chilli- 3-4 nos
- Pearl onion/Small red onion- a handful
- Garlic pods- 2-3 nos
- Ginger Garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala- 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1-2 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Coriander Leaves- 2-3 springs
- Wash and Clean the Chicken, Pressure the chicken for one whistle in a pressure cooker with some salt.
- Heat a pan with oil, temper the hot oil with Jeera and Fennel seeds, add in the curry leaves, Chopped onions, Chopped garlic, dried red chillies, cook till the onions turn translucent.
- Add int he Ginger garlic paste and fry them till the raw smell goes off.
- Add Pressure cooked chicken along with the stock and add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder.
- Allow the gravy to boil well and with the masala, adjust the salt.
- Add garam masala and cook the chicken for few more mins till the water dries up. Add generous amount of pepper powder, give a quick stir and remove the pan from the heat.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve with Roti/Rice.
- Use Country chicken/Nattu Kozhi with skin
- Pressure cooking the chicken, reduce the cooking time.
- Fresh grounded Ginger Garlic paste enhance the favour.