A healthy diet cookie, recently i had a chance to review and innovate new recipes with Jackfruit365 flour From “Eastern Team”. This chance made a credit to my carrier. Really I felt glad to write this post and recipe for the “Eastern Team”.
Green Jackfruit Flour is mainly prepared for weightless and for diabetic purpose. Jackfruit flour is a rich source of dietary fiber that ensures wellness. It has a low carbohydrate content that helps to maintain a healthy cardiovascular system and regulate the blood glucose levels. Green Jackfruit flour has lower carbohydrates and calories than rice and roti. Highly soluble content than rice and roti.
Green Jackfruit Flour easily replaces one cup of cooked rice or two wheat roti and offers much higher satiation i.e., feeling full for a much longer time thus eliminating the need for snacking or nibbling.
In addition to this I heard about coconut sugar from my FIL, who is concern about his health for diabetic. After hearing about coconut sugar i can’t resist myself to test it with my recipes. To make this recipe as a complete healthy pack for diet I’m using Coconut sugar here.
Coconut Sugar is a sugar produced from the sap if cut flower buds of the coconut palm. The coconut sugar is subtly sweet almost like brown sugar but with a slight hint of caramel. However, since Coconut Sugar is not highly processed, the colour,sweetness and flavour can vary depending on the coconut species used, season when it was harvested, where it was harvested. It is considered to be healthier than refined white sugar and brown sugar and can be used as a 1:1 sugar substitute for coffee, tea, baking and cooking.
Coconut Sugar has a high mineral content, being a rich source of potassium, magnesium, zinc and ion. In addition to this it contains Vitamin B1, B2, B3, and B6. When compared to brown sugar, Coconut Sugar has 18 times the potassium, 30 times the phosphorus and over 10 times the amount of zinc. Low Glycemic Index, Rich Source of minerals Sweetness equal to cane sugar are the benefit of Coconut sugar.
Step by Step Picture Instruction
These are the Super ingredients used in this Diet Cookie
Measure and take 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
Take the butter and coconut sugar in a mixing bowl.
Cream them together, add powdered sugar here.
Measure and take the Green Jackfruit Flour.
Sieve all the Dry ingredients(Jackfruit flour, All purpose flour, Baking soda, salt) to the mixing bowl.
Fold the flour to make a smooth dough and add the chocolate chip, mix them gently.
Divide the flour into equal balls
Give a press using the forks.
Line the cookies in the sheet.
Bake them to 20-25 mins at 180c, or bake till they done.
Healthy Beauties ready to serve with a cup of milk.
Perfectly baked cookies
- 1/2 cup Jackfruit365 Flour
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chip
- 1/2 cup/60 gms Unslated Butter
- 2 tsp of Powdered White Sugar
- a pinch Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2-3 tsp Milk
- Pre heat the Oven to 10 mins at 180C. Line the tray with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and Coconut sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Measure and take the Jackfruit flour, All purpose flour, Baking Soda, Salt and sieve them well to incorporate the dry ingredients
- Add the Sieved dry ingredients to the mixing bowl, slowly fold the flour together. Add milk and make the dough softly.
- Finally add in the chocolate chip and give a gentle mix.
- Divide the dough into equal sized small balls and flatten with a forks.
- Put the tray into the oven and bake for 20-25 mins till they turns crips.
- All the ingredients should in room temperature.
- The cookie shape and texture varies by butter consistency.
- Instead of Coconut sugar you can use white sugar (Use only if you don’t have the option to buy Coconut sugar).
- If you are looking for more healthy version, then substitute the all purpose flour with wheat flour.