Tomato Pasta, this is a bowl of hot fiery pasta. Tanginess of tomato and hotness of the chilli powder are the key element in this bowl. Jeshu alway fond of Tomato pasta, he call this as red pasta for the bright red colour.
Pasta’s are cooked with red sauce, and with some Italian herbs for the exact taste. Here I used south Indian masala and method for this recipe. Tomato pasta is the simplest and easiest recipe to make. Jeshu started his full day school, he demands this red pasta for his evening snack. He completely enjoy this red pasta for his evening snack. Fiery hot pasta was so delicious and yummy for kids snack, make sure kids should eat spicy food. Jeshu loves spicy food, so this is and absolute favourite dish. If your kids don’t take much spicy food reduce the masala. Hope this post will be helpful.
Step by Step Picture Instruction
Measure and take one cup pasta
Add a enough water, salt and a teaspoon of oil. I used my earthen pot to cook pasta.
Boil and cook the pasta till they becomes soft
Drain the excess water and keep the cooked pasta aside
Heat a pan with oil, fry the onion
Cook the onion till they turn translucent, add in the crushed garlic
Add the finely chopped tomatoes and cook till they turns mushy
Add th finely chopped coriander leaves
Followed by Tomato puree, cook till the raw smell goes away
Add in the chilli powder, turmeric powder
Sprinkle 1/4 cup of water and cook the masala, add the Garam masala and cook the masala
Add in the cooked pasta to the masala
Gently flip the pasta and spread the masala, sprinkle some salt of needed.
- Pasta - 1 cup
- Salt- to taste
- Olive oil/ Vegetable oil- 3-4 tsp
- Onion(large)- 1 nos
- Tomato- 3 medium sized
- Garlic- 3 pods
- Coriander Leaves- 3-4 springs
- Chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- Finely chop onion and one toamto
- Make puree with two tomatoes
- Wash and chop the coriander leaves
- Crush the garlic
- Take a bowl of pasta in a pan add enough water, salt and one teaspoon of olive oil, cook the pasta till they becomes soft.
- Drain the water and keep the cooked pasta aside.
- Heat a pan with oil, fry the finely chopped onion till they turns translucent.
- Add in the Crushed garlic and saute for a while, add in the finely chopped tomatoes, cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Followed by Tomato puree and Chopped coriander leaves, fry the masa till the raw smell goes out.
- Add Chilli powder, turmeric powder and add 1/4 cup of water, cook this for 3-4 ins in high flame.
- Once the masala starts to separates oil, add some garam masala and the cooked pasta.
- Flip and spread the masala all over the pasta gently to a even spread.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Can add some chopped vegetable before adding tomatoes for vegetable tomato pasta.
- Adjust the hotness in red chilli, my son likes spicy food so above mentioned amount of spice is good enough for us.