Hot Milk Cake
Hot milk cake, is a tea time pair with a cup of hot chai, this old fashioned cake is a delicious one. The soft spongy cake is a perfect dessert to end a meal. I Prepared this cake for Shhhhh Secretly cooking challenge for the month August.
I was paired with Veena Krishna Kumar of Veena’s venation. Shhhh Secretly Cooking is a group of food bloggers paired each other to share their secret ingredients for the selected theme. As per the group discussion we choose baking as the theme, and I got milk and sugar as a challenge to complete my post. I chased Hot milk cake, the cake has milk as main ingredient and sugar level for the cake is good enough to mould as a main ingredient.
Hot milk cake is an absolute spongy and soft in texture. This is a Fool proof recipe, I saw this is an trend in Social media. I tried two times to get the perfection and to get the proper recipe to share it in my space. Hope this recipe helps you. Do try and let me know about your experience.
Scroll down to check this wonderful fool proof recipe.
Step By Step Picture Instruction
Arrange all the ingredients together.
Crack open the Eggs in a large mixing bowl.
Beat the egg in high speed, crack the rest eggs and again beat in high speed for 5 mins
Beat until the eggs turn light and fluffy.
In a sauce pan, heat the milk along with the butter, no need to boil the milk, heat till the butter melts.
Slowly add the Milk mix to the mixing bowl, Beat them well to incorporate the ingredients.
Add a dash of vanilla essence to the mixing bowl and mix well.
Sieve All purpose flour, Corn flour, Salt, Baking soda, Baking powder
Slowly add the Sieved flour to the bowl and fold the batter.
Use low speed to fold the batter. Transfer the Batter to the greased pan.
Bake the cake for 45 mins @ 180C or till they done.
Once they done, Cool the cake in a cooling rack. Slice them and serve with a hot cup of coffee or chai..
- All purpose Flour - 2 cups
- Corn Flour - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1 3/4 cups
- Eggs - 4
- Baking powder - 1.5 tsp
- Baking Soda - a pinch
- Salt - a pinch
- Vanilla Essence - 2 tsp
- Milk - 1.5 cups
- Butter - 1/2 cup
- Preheat the Oven for 10 mins at 180C.
- In a Small pan heat the Milk with butter, until the butter melts.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl for 5 mins in high speed, gradually reduce the speed to 4 and 3, Beat until the egg turns light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the Sugar to the egg and beat in medium speed, Once the sugar get melted add in the milk and butter mix to the bowl and beat again of few more mins. Add the vanilla essence and beat again.
- Sieve the All purpose flour, Corn flour, Salt, Baking soda and Baking powder. Slowly add the the sieved flour to the mixing bowl. Fold the batter without any clumps.
- Transfer the batter to the Greased baking pan, bake this for 40-45 mins at 180C or till the cake done.
- Warm the milk to melt the butter, no need to boil the milk for the recipe.
- Beat the wet mix to high speed, once you add the dry ingredients use low speed to fold the batter.
- If you plan to make a small cake, then reduce the quantity to half.