First i heard the Word Crab Rasam From My Vani akka… After hearing about it want to try this for a long time…
And now it happens… This Hot Soup/ Rasam will perfect to pipe on a rainy day.. isn’t.. i tried it.. this goes yummy with Hot steamed rice too… Crab has the Ability to reduce the toxins.. Good medicinal valued seafood.. i loved this a lot..
Last time when Vani akka came here, we booked a table in barbeque nation.. there we order special Barbequed Crab…really we all amazed of the crab.. that much juicy crunchy Barbecued crab….if any one get a chance to step on to barbeque nation & If you love the seafood and crab then dont bother.. order for it… now back to our soupy rasam…
Sea Crab- 250gms
Tomato- 1 finely chopped
Pepper & Jeera- 1 tsp each crushed
Tamarind water- 1 cup
Hing- 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste- 1 tsp
Coriander leaves- a hand ful
Ready made rasam powder/ Home made rasam powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Graham masal- 1/2 tsp
Chicken masal- 1/2 tsp(Optional)
Oil- 2 tsp
Mustard- 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves- 1 spring
Red chillie- 1
* Grab all the ingredients, Crush the pepper and jeera, Chop the Tomatoes and Coriander leaves
* Heat the kadai with oil, Add the tempering items.
* Add in the crushed pepper Jeera powder.
* Add the Ginger Garlic paste..
* Then Add the Tomatoes cook till they mushed up..
* Add all Spice powders and cook them till the raw smell goes..
* Add In the Hing..
* Extract the tamarind juice..
* Add the tamarind juice to the Masala mix
* Throw in the Coriander leaves… put them in medium flame for 3-4 mins
* Add the cleaned crab..
* Cook them till they done..
* Adding the Chicken Masala and Graham masala removes the crab smell and gives the soupy flavor..
Crab Rasam… done…
Dont you like to pipe this rasam….???