This one is staple curry of Kashmirs… when we tasted this in a Punjabi restaurant.. loved the flavor and tenderness of d meat… doesn’t get a clue of this… after goggling this name found lot of preparations…
when go throw-ed to the recipe… Got some idea, here its…:) Cooking the meat in clarified butter(ghee) with red kashmir chillie in curd…. they used to cook this with equal quantity of onions, they’ll not use tomato, also they cook the complete process without pressure cooker… i don’t have that much of patience to wait for 1 hour so, here i adapted this curry.. no change at all.. got the similar taste… Most of the south Indians do mutton curry with coconut flavor, then the mutton chukka.. these are the familiar cuisines, try this “Rich Mutton Rogan Josh”.. lets move to the recipe…
Mutton- 1/4 kg
Onion- 1/4 kg (2-3 nos) Finely sliced
Tomato- 1 nos
Ghee- 3-4 tsp
Curd- 1/4 cup
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Bay leaf- 1 nos
Red chillie powder- 2 tsp
Fennel powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric- 1/4 tsp
Graham masala- 1/2 tsp
* Grab the ingredients.
* Clean the mutton pieces in running water.
* Heat the Pressure Pan with Ghee
* Temper with Bay leaf.
* Saute the onions. till they are pink in color.
* Add the Ginger Garlic paste and fry them.
* Add in the Mutton pieces.. cook on medium flame.
* Cook the Mutton pieces for 5-8 mins in medium flame
*Add the spice powders and salt
*Give them the mix and cook over low flame for 5 mins. see the masalas get together..
* Add in the Chopped tomatoes.
* Add half cup of water and cook it for few mins..
* Add the Curd and Cover the pressure cooker with the lid.. cook it up for 3- 4 whistles..
* All done..
* See the Colorful Mutton Rogan Josh
Mutton Rogan Josh