I got some Nei meen Karuvadu this time. planned to prepare this for a long time, hubby doesn’t like dry fish(karuvadu).. but im a big fan of it.. can have this with any type of curries.. long back he has his official lunch.. happy to make karuvadu masala for me…
When cleaning the fish i thought to click this.. coz before doing i confirm the recipe with mom, so might be it wont a regular use in most of the houses like ours, got all the clicks without miss..:) lets go to the recipe, and do try let me know how it turns for you..
Dry fish- 4- 5 pcs
Sliced Onion- 1
Tomatoes finely chopped- 1
Chillie powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
1. Clean the Dry fish in running water, Add the Chillie powder and turmeric powder mix them well.
2. Marinate this for 15 mins, Fry the marinated dry fish in hot oil.
3. Deep fry the fish and set them aside, in the same kadai saute the onions..
4. Cook the Onions till they shrink, followed by tomatoes.
5. Once the Tomatoes get mashed well, add the fried dry fish, mix them well cook it for 2-3 mins in medium flame.
1. Wash the dry fish by rubbing it gently.
2. No need to add salt for dry fish dry recipes, they are well canned in salt.
3. Adding garlic is optional i didn’t add garlic in this recipe.