Cleaning the chakka is not a tedious work like Jackfruit… but have to clean it carefully.. fresh chukka may stick in hands while cleaning.. just use few drops of oil in your hands and clean them.. I like this breadfruit alot.. its my favorite here… mom simply cook this with salt and temper with mustard,urad dhal, red chillie and curry leaves, serve this for our teatime.. those days are memorable… this is a kerala cusiness, cooked with roasted coconuts, yummy curry Goes well with any poriyal or thoran with Steamed rice.. lets see the recipe first..
Cheema Chakka Curry/ Bread Fruit Gravy
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serves: 4
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Curry Leaf||1 spring|
|Fennel Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Red Chillie Powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Graham masala||1/2 tsp|
|Coconut Oil||2 tsp|
|Red chillie||2 nos|
|Curry Leaf||1 spring|
1. Cut the Chakka into two pieces, peel the skin, remove the Center, cut into small pieces.. and soak them in water with some salt..
2. Heat the kadai fry the coconut, Onion, Garlic, Curry leaf for few mins, then add pepper, jeera, Fennel seeds, cloves, cardamon, Cinnamon to the pan and fry them for few mins..
3. Add in Chillie powder, Coriander Powder, Tumeric powder and graham masala to it.. fry them for few mins in medium flame.. make it cool and grind it to a fine paste by adding little water…
4. Take the Chopped Chakka in a kadai with the sinked water.. boil them with some turmeric powder.. ( already there is some salt in the water, check it and add if need)…
5. Boil them by cover it with a proper lid.. cook till the water dries up… add in the grind-ed masala, and some water…
6. Boil them and cook till the masala cooked well..
7. Heat the pan with coconut oil, temper with mustard, curry leaf, and red chillie.. and add the tempered item to the curry
- Don’t add more water to the cook the chakka, just add water till they immerse in well.
- Roasting the masala, have to keep an eye on it.. make sure not to burn the content.
- Grind the mixture to a buttery texture.
- Using Coconut oil enhance the real flavor to the curry..
“Cheema Chakka Curry/Bread Fruit Gravy”
(Visited 646 times, 1 visits today)