Adhirasam/Athirasam, I’m very fond to this oily sweet.. its a south indian traditional sweet,the name adhi-rasam refers to adhi means too much, rasam means here for too tasty, so its much more tasty recipe..
My grandma prepare this without any pain, she had that much of experience in it.. Its a bit tough south indian recipe.. Last diwalli i tried this recipe, there i missed some proper ratio, this time i got the exact measurements.. and it came out very well..i missed the proper shape but the taste was too good and i get the exact texture.. i get a crispy outside and soft mouth melting adhirasam this time.. yaheee I’m soooo happy for this attempt.. i learnt it properly.. here i typed all the details and steps i follow, here you go with the recipe..
|Raw Rice||2 cups|
|Jaggery||2 cups grated|
- Soak the rice only for 2-3 hours.
- I get 3-4 tsp of coarse flour, if you don’t get any coarse flour, then add 2-3 tsp of rava/sooji to it.
- If you like Dry ginger flavor, then add a tsp of dry ginger powder.
- Preparing the jaggery is the most critical part, if you didn’t get the proper jaggery level, it will separate in the oil.. if the jaggery goes to the next stage, adhirasam will be hard..
- If the have a sticky dough, then add few tsps of flour to it.. if the dough is dry or hard when you form the adhirasam, them few tsps of milk to it..
- Adjust the flame to cook the adhirasam, keep them in medium to high..
- If it drink more oil, then squeeze out the oil from the adhirasam using two ladle..