This simple Cauliflower Potato curry Goes well with Roti, and rice too.. Aloo and gobi had a good combination, which can, make as gravy, semi gravy, or dry dishes too.. this time I’m with a dry gobi aloo curry..
This is one of my neighbor’s preparation.. she used to cook all the vegetables in the same method, and adjust the masala to vary the taste.. usually north indian had very less preparation in their recipes.. this one among the recipe.. simply i would relish this with Roti.. Cauliflower and Potatoes are very good vegetable for kids.. they love to have both the vegetable.. not like other veggies.. no much a messy preparation, very simple and time consuming with loads of taste in it..
Cauliflower Potato Fry/Gobi Aloo Subji
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Side dish for Roti
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 40 mins | Serves: 2
|Cauliflower/Gobi||1 cup chopped|
|Onion||1 medium sized|
|Tomato||2 medium sized|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||2 tsp|
|Chillie Powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Graham masala||1/2 – 1 tsp|
|Chat masala||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander||2 tsp chopped|
- Cut the cauliflower into bit size pieces and soak it in the warm salted water for 10 mins..
- Peel and cube the potatoes
- Chop the onion and tomatoes finely.
- Crush the ginger and garlic..
1. Heat a kadai with Oil, Temper with Jeera, saute the onion for few mins, Then add in the freshly crushed ginger garlic paste to it..
- Cook the tomatoes till they separate oil for good taste..
- Add some water and make this a gravy if you want..
- Adjust the spice level to your taste..