This spicy version of bake makes me to fall in love again and again to give a try.. second day it taste great than the first day of baking.. Also I’m so happy with the Loaf cake.. and This a no butter cake.. i never get a this much super brown color on top, this time i got this.. As my cake had loads of Nuts and fruits i can’t a make a thin slice here, so i Slice the pieces little dense, Taste was really great than anything.. as always homemade stuffs had a special welcome.. as like always i get a good mark for this cake form Joe and Jess.. These Fuzzy eaters, Open their eyes widely to catch my fault all the time.. Hope this post helps you guys to learn a traditional Plum cake any doubts or suggestions please mail me or message me.. Thank you so much for the Support an love, Let the Christmas fun begins..
No Alcohol Christmas Cake/Kerala Plum Cake
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook time: 45 mins | Temperature: 180C
|Sugar||3/4 cup + 4 tsp|
|Olive Oil/Butter/Cooking Oil||3/4 cup + 2tsp|
|Cashew Nuts||1/2 cup|
|Tutti Frutti||1/2 cup|
|Boiled Water||1/2-3/4 cup|
|Baking Soda||1/2 tsp|
|Baking Powder||3/4 tsp|
|Vanilla Essecne||1 tsp|
1. Take all the spices and keep it aside.. First I’m in the preparation of Caramelized Sugar, It took some time to cool, and we need the ingredients in room temperature.. so here i clearly showed the pictures for caramelizing the sugar.. The reason i sharing the caramelization is atfirst i had lot of doubts in making a perfect caramelized sugar.. Heat a Kadai to good enough hot.. Put the 4 tsp of sugar to the hot Kadai..
- Make sure All the ingredients are in Room Temperature..
- Grind the spices along with sugar,so that the spices will powder evenly..
- The egg should foam up and raise, This is Trick for fluffy sponge cake..
- If you add the Caramelized water after the batter fold, the cake will be hard, so add it as wise in the procedure..
- Here the Dry fruits and nuts are cooked well so that you’ll get the softness and avoid the step of soaking the fruits and nuts in apple juice for 10-15 days..
- I don’t have orange rind in hands so i skipped in the recipe.. if you had then add two tsp on the folding the fruits with the batter…