Finally i decide to mix all the info with my knowledge, and did this.. il of swiss roll cake a lot, and tasted in britannia roll cake.. was wondered, how they did this cake does they cut the sponge cake thinly for this.. and after watching some video’s i came to know that’s a separate recipe to be made with the cookie tray.. Last year christmas i saw this cake on my timeline which was posted by one of friend for the christmas wish.. and i marked it.. such a long period to study and experiment rite.. even i was so frustrated with this long study.. anyhow i must go with the good result.. and proud i baked a roll cake.. that for christmas special.. This Yule Log cake is a traditional recipe of france, which was served near Christmas days..This has many variations with the traditional recipe. the reason why I’m posting this for this much long was, the frosting, usually i never frost a cake in home.. and was long waiting to buy a double cream to learn the butter frosting.. when ever i saw the rate in market, i keep back the pack and gently walk behind, some what las tie when i checked whipping cream rate i was free-zed in the section, it was 780INR for 1 liter.. and luckily i remind my home made fresh cream and put into the mission, and here is my Yule Log Cake..
Yule Log Cake
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 4-6 | Temperature: 180C
Ingredients For Choco Sponge Cake
|APF/Maida||100gms/ 1/2 cup|
|Sugar||85 gms/ above 1/4 cup|
|Cocoa Powder||85 gms above 1/4 cup|
|Baking Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Vanilla Essence||1 tsp|
Ingredients For Forsting
|Heavy Cream||1/2 cup|
|Icing Sugar||1/4 cup|
|Dark Chocolate||4-5 pieces|
|Cocoa Powder||1/4 cup|
1. Crack open the Eggs and separate the yolks… if you don’t have the confident to crack open the cake then take a small bowl, one by one open the egg, use a old plastic cola bottle to separate the Yolks..i simply separate the yolks with my fingers.. Now take the sugar in the yellow yolk mixing bowl..
- No need to add butter/Oil to the cake..
- Carefully separate the yolks..
- Whist the white yolks to set the stiff peak..
- If you have store bought double cream, substitute with the heavy cream part..
- You can fill the butter cream first with some chopped cherries and nuts to make this more rich and delicious..
- Carefully roll without breaking the cake..
- Also when removing the butter paper handle very carefully..
Get the Updates Straight To your inbox, Subscribe Now