Earlier i tried few homemade jams in home, like pineapple and papaya, but I’m not sure some time i failed to get the the exact soft texture, some time the texture may go sticky and goey, This time I’m very careful in the steps, exactly i got the result what i expected, as this a homemade jame without any preservatives or color, this had very less shelf life, but can keep this in refrigerator to extend the shelf life.. this jam impressed me a lot, with the bright red color, beetroots always had a sweet taste in it, don’t know how i force myself to try this, but this is a worthy trail to have a vegetable in the form of jam, this is a great recipe for kids, This jam attracts kids with this bright color and sweet taste.. Hope this post helps you guys to learn about the healthy homemade jam..
DO try and let me know your experience, don’t forget to write your feedbacks, subscribe our page and get the recipes in your mail, Dont miss a single post, hurry its completely free to subscribe..
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 45 mins | Serves: 1.5 cups
|Lime||1/4 piece or 1/2 tsp|
1. Wash and peel the Beetroots, Chunk them into cubes..
2. In a Pressure Cooker, Take the Beetroots with water, Pressure cook this for 2 whistles..
3.All done, make them cool..
- Keep them in refrigerator for a month of shelf life..
- Room temperature leads this jam for 3-4 days of shelf life..
- Make sure in the last step, if you cook more, the jam will go sticky like a candy.. to get the perfect texture, keep an eye on it..
- Adding lime juice, prevent the sugar from crystallization..