Though i shared the recipe here.. This time i saw a recipe in a magazine(Local Magazine), I was like tempted again to try again, and clearly i followed up the instruction by step by step, i didn’t skip any lines from the recipe.. please i suggest you, if try the recipe please don’t skip a single step.. this is a traditional method of making biryani, typical Country style.. i bet you guys if you try this once you can’t stop making this in home.. this recipe calls for complete spices to the proper level..
I served this Biryani with Mutton Chukka, Which is our another traditional recipe.. Virudhu nagar Mutton Chukka, Both Pairs a best combo.. we love to the core and relish a good lunch, and i prepared this utterly delicious biryani, my brother was here.. he loved this to the core.. and what else need more for a home chef.. this is the complete satisfaction.. was very happy as blogger.. and i can’t wait for long to share this authentic recipe with you guys.. hope this post helps a lot.. And by the count this is my 43rd Post in B365..
Thalapakatti Biryani/தலப்பாக்கட்டி பிரியாணி
Prep Time: 1 hour | Cook time: 45 mins + 15 mins(Dhum) | Serves: 4
|Jeera Rice||2 cups|
|Lemon Juice||2 tsp|
|Pearl Onion||150 gms (approx 1 cup)|
|Garlic||a hand ful peeled( 2 heads)|
|Ghee||1/4 cup + 3 tsp|
|Mint Leaves||a handful chopped|
|Coriander Leaves||a handful chopped|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Red Chilly Powder||1 tsp|
Ingredients for Biryani masala
|Green Chilly||3-4 nos|
- Dont use Large onion, the perfect taste comes form the pearl onion..
- Make sure while adding water and curd.
- Dont use basmati rice for this rice, aroma from the Jeera rice is another hidden secret behind the real taste .
- if you want to reduce ghee, the add some oil instead of it, but don’t skip the ghee completely, ghee is also a must ingredient for the biryani..
- Biryani masla, cook them well in the fist saute, don’t burn it up..
- while tempering you can add some fennel seeds, jeera seeds, and a bay leaf.. tis is completely optional, i didnt use in this recipe, i use the same tempering ingredients in my second attempt..
- Also i add some pepper corns while grinding the masala in my second attempt..
- Biryani will taste better once it was set after 1-2 hours.