Karachi Cookies/Tutti Frutti Cookies, a complete flavourful cookies. For a long time I kept this Karachi cookies in my to-do list. Karachi cookies comes under the type of Short bread cookies.
I have no idea why I kept this easy recipe for this long without trying. This time I Joined Recipe swap challenge team, and I was paired with Mayuriji, Writer of MayuriJigoni. I was amazed with her page, such a wide collection of recipes in her page. she covers so many International cuisines with various types. Its a challenge for me to choose a recipe from her page. I saw this Karachi cookies in her page, that remembers my to-do list to turn. Here I end with the Lovely Karachi cookies. I was so excited to try this recipe, here and there I added some of my ideas to make it more yum. Scroll down for the recipe.
Measure and take Maida in a mixing bowl, sieve the flour to break the lumps
Sieve the Custard powder along with the maida, this step helps the flour to loosen its texture.
Take the Powdered sugar and butter in a mixing bowl
Add a dash of pineapple/Rose essence
Mix them well using a spatula to incorporate the content.
Add the sieved flour into batches
Add baking powdered start mixing dough.
Add 1 or 2 tsps of milk to the dough and slowly knead, add milk if needed.
Should knead a stiff dough.
Divide the dough into batches, Roll them into logs.
Wrap them in a cling/Clean Wrap
Put them in refrigerator for 2 hours to make the dough more stiff.
After 2 hours, remove the wrap
Slice the Cookies carefully without breaking them, use a sharp knife to cut the cookies
Here is my sliced cookies, look at those beauties isn’t they cute
Preheat the Oven for 160C, Line the Parchment paper in the baking tray, spread the cookies evenly.
Bake them for 20 mins or till they done.
Here is my baked cookies, cool them and store in a air tight container.
Karachi Cookies/Tutti Frutti Cookies
Prep Time: 2 hours | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 2 | Temperature: 160C
|Maida/Plain Flour||300 gms|
|Custard Powder||100 gms|
|Powdered Sugar||125 gms- 150 gms|
|Tutti Frutti||100 gms|
|Baking Powder||1 tsp|
|Pineapple/rose essense||1 tsp|
- Measure all the ingredients and set them aside.
- Sieve the Flour and Custard powder.
- In a mixing bowl, take powdered sugar, butter, essence, mix them well to incorporate the content.
- Add the dry mix slowly into batches and knead the dough by adding milk.
- Make a stiff dough, divide them into batches. Roll them into logs, and wrap in a cling wrap.
- Refrigerate the wrapped logs for 2 hours. After refrigerating, slowly cut the cookies by using a sharp knife.
- Line the cookies in a cooke tray, Set the temperature for 160C and bake them in a preheated oven.
- Bake the cookies for 20 mins or till they done.
- Butter should in room temperature.
- Add appropriate sugar according to your taste bud. My cookies are too sweet by adding 150 gms of sugar. So if you want medium or low sweet then add 100 – 125 gms of sugar.
- I usually add baking powder for my cookies, so followed the same here.
- Instead of essence you can add cardamom powder.
- While adding milk, add slowly to mix. if the dough is not stiff then add few tsps of flour and knead the dough.