Egg Thokku / Mutta Thokku, Egg is always a versatile ingredient, that can be prepared in many ways. This recipe is one among the easy recipe list, which is very close to Kerala mutta roast.
There are so many ways to cook, hard boiled eggs are very easy one. This Egg thokku is a spicy curry which can be easily paired with Idli, Dosa, Appam, Roti. I prepare a side dish to pair tiffin varieties, so I have added extra spice in this recipe. Well if you are looking for a perfect side dish with egg for appam this curry will be the best.
Egg are highly rich in protein, when a breakfast or dinner accompanied with egg recipe that will be a amazing platter then. When me and Priya planned with this “Egg Series” I was much excited to try more recipes with egg, and I hope I can complete my bucket list of Egg recipes with this series.
Priya from “Priyas Menu” is the Key person to choose this “Egg Series” topic, I hope she is coming with very different and exciting recipes in her page. Few years back we both completed the “Soup Series”. In that i got a deep idea in soup making by fusing exotic ingredients.
Sharing few soup recipes which we posted long back.
And few soup recipes from my page.
Today we are back with a another recipe in our “Egg Series” Scroll down for detailed recipe.
Egg Thokku / Mutta Thokku
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 4
|Green chilli||4 nos|
|Curry Leaves||1 spring|
|Red Chilli powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander Power||1 tsp|
|Garam masala||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander leaves||1 tsp|
- Hard boil the eggs for 10-12 mins, Remove the shells, Slit the Egg and keep them aside
- Finely chop onions, tomatoes, Ginger and garlic
- Heat a pan with oil, temper with mustard and methi seeds.
- Add the finely chopped onions and fry them till they get shrink
- Once the onions are done add finely chopped ginger and garlic, cook them 2 mins in medium Falmer
- Add the Green chilli and curry leaves.
- Add in the final chopped tomatoes and cook till they separates the oil, it may take 10-15 mins time in medium flame.
- Once the Tomatoes are cooked well and separated the oil, add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, sugar and slat.
- Cook the masala in medium flame for 4-5 mins, then add a cup of water and boil them well.
- Add the slitted egg to the curry and simmer for another 5 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve
- Adjust the spice accordingly
- Adjust the water gravy consistency
- I have used Chopped Ginger and Garlic, you can alter with Ginger garlic paste
- This curry can be served with Idli,Dosa, Appam, Chappati, roti, paratha as well.
Other Egg Recipes from this page are