Mutta Manathakkai Keerai Poriyal is a healthy combination. Manathakkali is also know as “Black Night shade Berry” in English and “Kagge Soppu” in Kannada, Which has many health benefits in it.
Consuming Manathakkali Keerai Regularly will helps to improves vision, It helps to reduce Headache and skin infection, a best medicine for Stomach Ulcer as well.
Manathakkali plant is fully filled with Plenty of nutrients. From my Childhood I was seeing this plant in our garden area. Mostly no one bother to pick them, just like that it grows in season and disappears when the season is over. Mostly when it rain they all sprout again to give a black glow in our garden.
Never imagined this Spinach and plant has so many health benefits, when I tend to experiment the recipe, I have googled about this benefits. have seen a list of health benefits with this spinach.
About this recipe to neutralise the bitter taste of the spinach i planned to add eggs, that was awesomely blended with taste no wonder it tasted so good, this idea of adding eggs to spinach poriyal was adopted from my mom, she used to add eggs with Drusmtick leaves/Mooringa leaves.
Me and beloved friend Priya from Priyas menu joined together to experiment some interesting & exciting Egg recipes, Check her page for more innovative recipes.
Couple of years ago we have run few series together to keep us focused and motivated. Now Im very happy to start the journey again with Priya.
Sharing few soup recipes which we posted long back.
Soup recipes from Priya’s Menu
Chow chow soup / Chayote soup
Sausage Coconut milk Soup
Vetrillai Kozhi Soup / Betel leaves chicken soup
Chicken and Mushroom soup
Veggies and Dal soup
Tangy lemongrass noodles soup
Carrot and beetroot soup
And few soup recipes from my page.
Roasted Zucchini Sweetcorn soup
Prawn Zucchini creamy soup
Mutta Manathakkali Keerai Piratal
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 2
|Manathakkali Keerai||1 cup|
|Urad dhal||1/2 tsp|
|Green chilli||2 nos|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Jeera Powder||1/2 tsp|
- Wash and Clean the Manathakkali Keerai, Drain the excess water and Chop them roughly and set aside
- Heat a pan with oil, temper with Mustard, Urad dhal, Jeera, Onion
- Crack open the eggs and fry the till they are done.
- Add the chopped manathakkali keerai to the pan along with that add turmeric powder and Jeera powder and cook for few minutes.
- Check for salt and adjust the taste, all done Muttai Mannathakkali Keerai Varuval is ready.
- Cook the eggs well to avoid the raw smell of egg
- If you like garlic you can add in the tadka
- Don’t over the spinach it will lose the nutrients.
- Dry Fruit Choco Ladoo
- Moong dhal sago Kozhukattai
- Mukkani Fruit Salad
- Egg Thokku / Mutta Thokku
- Muttai Mannathakkali Keerai Varuval