Poha/Aval/Avalakki ladoo is a delicious healthy dessert. The coarsely group poha enhance a wonderful aroma in this recipe. It was a long plan to explore some ladoo recipes to write it on my page.
All these days it was hectic with our back to back scheduled routine, it was a pleasure to write a new recipe in my page. Well Coming back to the recipe, If you want a recipe with kids friendly healthy one, then this recipe is for you. Make these delicacies in small batch to relish the freshness of roasted poha and coconut. My imagination with powdered jaggery was went well, that blend properly with the recipe. Adding purified butter emits a rich flavour to this ladoo. Finally a healthy nutritious ladoo recipe has shared here. if you found this article is interesting drop your valuable comments in the comment section, do try and let us know how it turned for you.
Dry roast the poha/aval in a pan for 10 mins, keep the flame in low and dry roast the poha/aval till they turn crisp
Transfer the poha/aval in a plate to cool down
Make a coarse powder out of the roasted poha/aval and set aside
Slightly roast the desiccated coconut in low flame for 3-4 mins
Cool down & Transfer the roasted desiccated coconut in a mixer
Take Powdered jaggery and yellaki/cardamom powder in the same mixer, grind them to mix all together
Mix the grounded jaggery mis to the powdered poha/aval
Heat a pan with Free fry cashew nuts and rasins
Add the Ghee to the dry mix, use a spoon a mix all together.
Roll them into balls to make ladoos when they hot enough to handle.
Aval Ladoo |Avalakki ladoo | Poha Ladoo
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 5
|Dessicated Coconut||1/2 cup|
|Powdered Jaggery||1/2 cup|
|Cardamom Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cashew nuts||3 tsp|
- Dry roast the poha/aval in a pan for 10 mins, keep the flame in low and dry roast the poha/aval till they turn crisp
- Cool down the poha/aval in a plate, grind the poha/aval to a coarse powder.
- Transfer the poha/aval powder to a mixing bowl.
- Dry roast the desiccated coconut in low flame for 3-4 mins.
- Cool down the dedicated coconut and transfer to the mixer, add Powdered Jaggery, Cardamom powder and grind altogether
- Mix the grounded jaggery mix to the Powdered poha/aval.
- Heat a pan with ghee fry cashew nuts and raisins, add it to the dry mix.
- Mix all together with a spoon and tightly roll them into balls to make ladoos.
- Store them in air tight container.
- Shelf life of the ladoo will be good for 4-5 days
- Dry roast the poha/aval completely
- Add milk while rolling if the ladoo gets break, but the shelf life will be less