Oats Sarkarai Pongal
Happy Pongal to all my viewers and friends… Glad i had a healthy pongal recipe for you… Its Oats Sarkarai pongal… try this simple healthy pongal and let me know how it turns for you..
Oats- 1 cup
Moong dhal- 1/2 cup
Jaggery/Sarkarai- 3/4 cup
Milk- 1 cup
Dry Ginger/ Sukku- 1 pc
Coconut- 2 tsp
Cashew nuts- 3-4 pcs
Raisins- 1 tsp
Ghee- 3 tsp
* Grab all the ingredients together..
* Powder the Dry ginger and keep aside..
* Cook the moong dhal with a cup of water for 2-3 whistles.
* Take the oats in a pan/pot
* Add the milk and mix them well.
* Cook in medium flame till it thickens..
* Add in the boiled moong dhal.
* Take the Jaggery, add 1/2 cup water and boil..
* Strain the dust..
* Add the Jaggery syrup to the Oats mix.
* Add the powdered dry ginger..
* Allow this to boil and let it set to thick consistency..
* Add the grated coconuts..& off the flame
* Fry the Raisins and cashews in ghee..
* Add to the pongal pot/ pan
“Oats Sarkarai Pongal”
(Visited 64 times, 1 visits today)