How to make motichoor Ladoo?
When I planned for to make Motichoor ladoo, I have browsed in Aarthi’s Yummy Tummy Page and Jeyashri’s Kitchen Page, for an easy version of ladoo. Today is the last working day for Jess babe and thats the reason behind to prepare the delicious sweet, he loves sweets much and he demand sweets, desserts often. We need a reason to prepare desserts and sweets, now coming to Motichoor Ladoo, these ladoos are made of small sized boondhi’s, with pretty orange color. Ofcourse this ladoo can be a best part of festival occasions too, scroll down to see the recipe, do try and let me know how it turns for you
Preparation time- 20 mins
Cooking Time- 30 mins
Serves- 12- 15 pieces
Besan Flour/Kadalai mavu- 1 cup
Sooji/Rava- 2 tsp
Sugar- 1 cup
Orange Food color- 1/4 tsp
Baking Soda- a pinch
Saffron- few strands
Almonds- 3 nos(Chopped finely)
Rose Water- 1 tsp
Cashews- 3 nos
Cardamon powder- 1 tsp or crush 1 pc
* Sieve besan flour, and sooji, if need Powder the sooji in mixer.
* In a pan take take the sugar with crushed cardamom and saffron strands, allow to boil in high flame till the sugar get dissolves, make the flame to simmer and boil it for 8-10mins to get the one string condition.
*Check the sugar syrup, take the sugar syrup in your thumb finger and index finger it should form one string between the fingers, set aside the sugar syrup.
* Heat the Kadi with oil, use boodi plate or small holed ladle for this step, drop the batter over the ladle and let the drops flow in hot oil. Take the boondhi’s immediately, do not allow them to cook till they turn crisp, take them out when they cooked softly.
* Drain the boondi’s from oil and add them to the sugar syrup.. mix them well in the syrup.
* Allow the content to cool and Grind the Boondhi’s in the mixer with some cashews.
* Add in the Rose water and mix well, grease your hands with ghee and shape them into ladoos.