ButterBeans Potato Curry
Here this post share a comfort simple combo for a lunch.. my previous post had a link with this post.. Its Butterbeans Potato Curry serves a yummy combo with Paruppu Rasam/Dhal Rasam..
ITs a Good Go with Sambar, Puli Kulambu too..A simple comfort lunch can be done with in few minutes, Butter beans joe’s favorite one.. doing any type of curry with butterbeans will have a super welcome here…it’s one of my aunty’s preparation.. the same thing can be done with, Channa, Peas…. lets go with the recipe.. Do try and let me know how it turns for you..
Preparation time- 15 mins
Cooking Time- 20 mins
Butterbeans- 3/4 cup
Potato- 1 large
Onion- 1 large
Tomatoes- 2 small
Ginger Garlic paste- 2 tsp
Coriander Leaves- 3 tsp chopped
Chillie Powder- 1 tsp
Coriander Powder- 1/2 tsp
Graham masala- 1/2 tsp
Chiken Masala/Curry Masala- 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp
Oil- 2 tsp
Mustard- 1 tsp
Cumin- 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds/Perinjeeragam/Sombu- 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves- 1 spring
* Chop Onion, Tomatoes and set aside.. Pressure Cook the Butter beans and Potatoes with some salt to 2-3 whistle.. release the pressure.. Let them cool, peel of the potatoes and chop them to small cubes..
* Heat oil in a Kadai.. Temper with the tempering items.. saute the onions for few mins, add in the ginger garlic paste to the kadai.. saute them for a while..
* Add in the Tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy and ooze out the oil.. now add int he Curry Leaves to it..
* And its the time to add in the masalas, one by one.. Add chillie powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, graham masala and curry masala to it.. mix them and cook the masala for 2 mins in medium flame to remove the raw smell of the masala..
* Now add in the boiled butterbeans and potatoes to the masala.. cook them to the desired consistency, i prefer to make this dry..
* I used fresh butter beans, if you have dried one then soak it for 6 hour in warm water and do the same procedure..
* Pressure cooking the butterbeans and potatoes to be 2-3 whistle, dont pressure cook more than 3 whistles, they go mushy in texture..
* Cooking Tomatoes takes much time to ooze out the oil.. have to wait for this step otherwise the taste will change.
* I used store bought Ginger Garlic paste.. Freshly grounded Ginger and Garlic enhance more flavor.