Paal Kozhukattai, Delicious South Indian Breakfast.. This is a best soft mouth melting Kozhukattai… Steamed rice flour balls cooked in creamy milk with sweet and savory version…
Lot Versions for the same recipe.. here i posted a bit lengthy process.. but the rice balls simply melt in your mouth.. my mom prepare most simple version.. but its little hard in result.. when she tasted this, she amazed of the result.. instead of milk you can use coconut milk too.. also you can skip the sugar and some jaggery or palm jaggery to make much more healthier version… okaies lets go with today’s recipe
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook time: 20 mins (includes Steaming) | Serves: 3
|Rice Flour/Puttu Mavu
||2 cups + 1 tsp
||1/4 cup + 2 tsp grated
||as per taste
1. Take 2 cups of rice four, grated coconut, salt in a pan, add some water and mix them well without any clumps. no need worry about about the consistency..
2. Heat the pan and mix them continuously, till they roll out from the pan..
3. Add a tsp of ghee and knead it to smooth… and make even sized balls..
4. Steam the rolled balls in a steamer… i used my idli steamer..
5. Boil 1 cup of water in a pan, and drop in the Steamed balls to it…
6. Add in the milk and 2tsp of grated coconuts to it..Boil this for 3-4 mins.. can add some cardamon powder in this step..
7. Dissolve the ! tsp of roc flour in water and add this to the pan and boil till they reach a thick consistency… and top with sugar and serve..
- I didn’t add cardamon powder in it, it gives a nice flavor to your dish..
- Adding rice flour paste makes the gravy part to be creamy and thick
- Can add sugar in last step, i skipped it. some time we love to have this as a savory kozhukattai.
(Visited 293 times, 1 visits today)