How to Make Melt in Mouth Maida Burfi?
Maida Burfi, is one of the easy and simple mouth melting sweet. I didn’t expect the result will end up with a good soft texture. If you are looking for a quick recipe during this festival season, then this is for you. I saw this recipe in lot of Indian blogs. Just by the inspiration which I got after seeing those delicious burghs in photos, I Don’t have a second thought to give a try on this simple recipe
I have added a pinch more colour for Jeshu, he loves green colour a lot, especially this green is his most favourite shade. Festival is meant for sweets, mainly Indian festival Diwali is known for sweets and lights, we get variety of sweets during this season.
. In Bangalore we can see a mixed regional culture, so here we get multiple choices of sweets from different region.
Maida burfi is one of an easy and quick version of sweet. This recipe can be varied by adding different food colour, flavour and dry fruits. Here For this recipe I have used pineapple flavour essence, and we loved it to the core. Here I have used the basic ingredients which is common in an Indian pantry. If you are a beginner level home cook then you can give a try with this delicious recipe. Do try and let me know how it turned for you…
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Dessert I Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 12 pieces
|Cashew nuts + Badham
||2 tsp + 2 tsp
1. Heat a kadai with ghee and fry the cashew nuts. In the same pan fry the maida/APF, roast this for 5-8 mins in medium flame or till the nice aroma comes up.
2. In the mean time take the sugar in a kadai add very little water to wet the sugar. Boil it to one string condition.
3. Keep a bowl of water near to the sugar syrup and drop the syrup in, if it doesn’t dissolve then its fine and in the same time u can check with your hands too, just touch the spoon of syrup and check by pressing your thumb finger and fore finger, if it comes in one string then that’s the right stage. Now add the sugar syrup to the maida mix. Mix them quickly and stir well without any clumps
4. Stir them well and add some food colour and again stir well.
5. Mix well and with in few(4-5) mins the mixture becomes thick mass and roll out from the pan.. and drop the maida burfi mixture to the greased plate and top it with some almonds.. It took 2-3 hours to set in the plate then slice them and store in a air tight container.
- Add the food color to your choice. Also vary the essence to your choice.
- You should be cautious in one string condition.
- I have waited for more than 4 hours to take out the burfi slices…
- Use a butter paper, foil paper or a lining to the greased plate to take out buffi easily.
Soft mouth melting buffi slices…
(Visited 260 times, 1 visits today)