Thinai Panniyaram/Foxtail millet Panniyaram, One more Millet recipe, this healthy Paniyarm taste good with thinai arisi.. i got few queries for this millets, most of the viewers are asking, from where you bought this millet,
here is my answer, When i was back from my last vacation, i bought some millets from sivakasi.. I searched in bangalore to buy millets, but unlucky me, i never found here..
Thinai arisi is really a very healthy millet.. in my previous post of Thinai Dosai i shared few info about this.. Millets are rich in fibre, low cholesterol, not like the rice what we are using regularly.. slowly I’m experimenting the millets by replacing the rice,few more recipes I’m having hands.. This Soft Tasty paniyram, was made for our breakfast..Weekdays Joe will not there in the tea time.. so what ever I’m having for tea time, will served in breakfast or in lunch.. this is a instant paniyaram, Jess too loved this cute panniyram in his breakfast time.. so what are looking for.. go hurry hunt for millets, start your diet with healthy millets…
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Breakfast/Snacks
Prep Time: 2 hours | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 3-4
||3/4 cup grated
||1/2 cup grated
||1/4 cup to drizzle
1. Take 1 cup thinai, Idli Rice, Urad dhal, wash and clean this, add some water and soak this for 2 hours..
2. Here is the Soaked grains, Grind this in a mixer, add coconut and grated jaggery, cardamon, salt with the mixer and grind it to a smooth paste..
3. Before you make panorama, add the baking soda, and mix well let it sit for 5 mins.. bubbles will raise.. heat a panniyaram pan, drizzle some oil/Ghee Drop the batter the pan.. Drizzle more oil over the panniyram’s
4. Cover this and cook it for few mins..
5. You’ll see the panniyaram’s will puff up and flip them to the other side using a spoon or stick, Again cover this and cook for few mins, just drop a tooth pick and check the panniyaram..
- If you don’t have enough 2 hours to soak the grains, then boil some water and soak the grains in the hot water for 1/2 an hour by closing the vessel..
- Or see what i have did, i soaked all the grains and keep them in refrigerator for over night, morning i took out and grind the batter
- If you don’t get First quality jaggery then take the jaggery syrup and strain the sediments and use it.. but be careful when adding jaggery syrup, sometime the batter may go runny, so better use the strained water to grind the batter..
- Adding more coconut taste rich.
- Adjust the sweetness according to your taste buds..
Get the Updates Straight To your inbox, Subscribe Now
(Visited 293 times, 1 visits today)